The State Sport Centres Trust is committed to being a world leader in the provision of facilities for sporting events and activities that enhance community health and wellbeing.
The Disability Action Plan has been prepared in accordance with the Victorian State Disability Plan.
The adoption and implementation of this Disability Action Plan demonstrates SSCT’s commitment to implementing the Victorian Governments State Disability Plan at all SSCT facilities.
Overview of core business and functions
The State Sport Centres Trust is a Statutory Authority responsible for the management, operation strategy and growth and development of the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre (MSAC), the State Netball Hockey Centre (SNHC), The MSAC Institute of Training (MIT) and Lakeside Stadium (LS).
The key functions of the State Sport Centres Trust are as follows:
- The management, operation and maintenance of the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre, the State Netball Hockey Centre, the MSAC Institute of Training and Lakeside Stadium;
- The care, improvement, use and promotion of the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre, the State Netball Hockey Centre, the MSAC Institute of Training and Lakeside Stadium;
- The efficient financial management of the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre, the State Netball Hockey Centre, the MSAC Institute of Training and Lakeside Stadium;
- The care, protection and management of the State Netball Hockey Centre land, and Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre land, including maintaining the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre land and the facilities on the land to a standard that complements Albert Park;
- Subject to the Act, the planning, development, management, promotion, operation and use of other sports, recreation and entertainment facilities and services in Victoria;
- The development, management, promotion, operation and use of facilities and services for the parking of vehicles and other necessary services to be used in conjunction with any of the facilities or services managed or operated by the Trust;
- To accept appointment and act as a committee of management of Crown lands. and
- The management and continued development of the MIT as the leading quality industry training centre for the sport, recreation, health and wellness industries.
What we offer:
MSAC offers swimming lessons in a supportive and fun environment. Accommodating special needs, the classes enable everyone to enjoy their water experience. Classes are half an hour in duration and provide one-on-one tuition.
MSAC’s stadium facilities include a show court suitable for international basketball, volleyball, gymnastics and martial arts events, plus two sports halls which are regularly used for basketball, badminton and table tennis.
Stadium facilities include:
- 10 court squash facility with international standard glass show court
- 12 court badminton stadium
- 27 table table tennis facility
- 10 court basketball facility including the 1800 seat show court
- 3 volleyball Courts
State Netball & Hockey’s stadium facilities include:
- Main netball stadium with permanent seating for 1800 and a maximum capacity of 3050
- Secondary netball hall with three sprung-floor netball courts
- 4 permanent outdoor netball courts
- 2 world-class hockey pitches
Lakeside Stadium facilities include:
- Seating for up to 7400 spectators
- International standard athletic running track
- Designated athletics warm up area
- FIFA-sized natural grass pitch
The Wellness Zone is part of the Health & Wellness Centre and has a Hydrotherapy Pool with ramp providing full disability access. The quiet, relaxed atmosphere makes it the perfect place for hydrotherapy and gentle exercise.
Multi Purpose Pool
Heated to 32 degrees, the Multi-Purpose Indoor Pool caters for hydrotherapy and has access to a hoist and entry steps for people with disabilities.
For more information about our products and services tailored to patrons with special needs, please phone us on (03) 9926 1555.